It’s our favourite day of the year… Happy Halloween, and good luck with the Boogeyman. Falling on a Saturday, this year’s Halloween is perfect to just spend the entire day in bed watching the Halloween films.
This evening, Danielle Harris will be taking part in a live script reading for Halloween III: Season of the Witch on Scripts Gone Wild’s YouTube channel. Taking place at 7:30pm PST tonight, October 28th, Scripts Gone Wild: Halloween III has been put together to benefit Everytown for Gun Safety.
It was also announced earlier today by Bloody Disgusting that Danielle Harris will be directing an all-female slasher film entitled Sequel, with Joe Dante set to produce.
Elsewhere, Rob Zombie is set to serve a Halloween treat, with news on the release of his upcoming album in just two days on Friday, October 30th! The album will be his first since 2016’s The Electric Warlock Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser.
Another archival feature added to the gallery today in the form of this old magazine scan! Scared Stiff Magazine‘s Spring 2000 issue featured a quick, one-page article about Dick Warlock, who we all know and love as Michael Myers from Halloween II.
Check out the photo below, or click it to see the full-size photo in the gallery.
The gallery has been updated with three older events! The first is the well-known event at Planet Hollywood during promotion for Halloween H20: Twenty Years Later. The second is a Halloween reunion with select case and crew from October 13, 2000; the third is the DVD signing for Halloween: 25 Years of Terror from July 25, 2005!
What’s more… the entire transcript for the Halloween Reunion can be found by clicking the “READ MORE” option at the bottom of this post!
- Events > 1990s > 1998 > 8/3 – “Halloween H20” Planet Hollywood
- Events > 2000s > 2000 > 10/13 – “Halloween” Reunion
- Events > 2000s > 2006 > 7/25 – “Halloween: 25 Years of Terror” DVD Signing
This is an awesome blast from the past! The video section has finally been updated with new content, and this one is all the way from 1981! Check out the original commercials from the first-ever television broadcast of John Carpenter’s Halloween.
One of my favourite books last year was Harper Press’s Dustin McNeill and Travis Mullins’ Taking Shape, which was full of information of the eleven Halloween films. Today marks the official release of the sequel, Taking Shape II: The Lost Halloween Sequels.
Authors Dustin McNeill and Travis Mullins are back to bring you an inside look at TWENTY-FOUR lost Halloween sequels you never saw on the big screen! Learn about these fascinating unmade visions direct from their creators, many of whom have never spoken publicly on the subject before. At 600 pages, TAKING SHAPE II is brimming with untold franchise history. The journey begins with an insightful foreword by Halloween: 25 Years of Terror producer Anthony Masi. So, what are you waiting for? Grab the candy corn and settle in for THE LOST HALLOWEEN SEQUELS!
TAKING SHAPE II covers:
- An alternate H3 pitched decades after the first one!
- Three unused versions of H4, one with Laurie Strode!
- Exclusive details on an early H5 with evil Jamie Lloyd!
- The Halloween 6 nearly produced by Quentin Tarantino!
- An early version of Halloween 7 before it became H20!
- Three different sequels to Halloween: Resurrection!
- Insight into how a Hellraiser Crossover almost came to be!
- Two different stabs at a 3D sequel in the Rob Zombie era!
- A reboot with TWO Shapes! (And another with one hundred!)
- A reboot that introduced the Halloween Multi-verse!