This is an awesome blast from the past! The video section has finally been updated with new content, and this one is all the way from 1981! Check out the original commercials from the first-ever television broadcast of John Carpenter’s Halloween.
Category: Halloween (1978)
High quality scans of the individual covers from the 15-disc limited edition Halloween: The Complete Collection blu-ray set have been added to the gallery! Each cover can be viewed in its respective film’s index, but you can view them directly by clicking the thumbnails below.
Despite Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends being pushed back a year, this September is seeing “new” home video releases of the original classic, as well as Curse, H20 and Resurrection!
First up is a Best Buy exclusive steelbook of Halloween‘s 4K UHD release on September 29, which features the 2013 transfer for the UHD disc and contains the 2007 Blu-Ray as its second disc. Check out the artwork below, and click the link to pre-order your copy!
For those who don’t know, Paramount recently came into possession of the Miramax home video library for distribution purposes. First up on their agenda is a re-release of the infamous Echo Bridge triple feature on September 22, that features all three films presented in 1080i (rather than 1080p) on one disc, and has open matted transfers for H20 and Resurrection.
While I don’t personally recommend it unless you really want to see alternate versions of the films, it’ll most likely be around $10 USD. Check out the link below as well.
Speaking with HalloweenMovies.com, Halloween (2018) and Halloween Kills producer Ryan Freimann offered of the news, “Trancas International Films and Compass International Pictures have partnered with CineLife Entertainment in order to bring Halloween to audiences safely during this time of pandemic, and drive-in theater owners seem excited to be booking it as the Halloween season is right around the corner.”
For the 2020 drive-in engagement, the digital print of Halloween has been restored and remastered under the supervision of cinematographer Dean Cundey. Much like it did in 1978, the film’s rollout has started small and will grow throughout the upcoming weeks.
Locations showing John Carpenter’s Halloween this week include include Hummel’s Drive-In in Winchester, Indiana, as well as EVO Entertainment locations in both San Antonio and Austin, Texas on July 31.
Additional drive-ins also showing Halloween include ones in Nashville, Tennessee (Montana Drive-in), Buffalo, New York (Kane Family Drive-in), Hartford and New Haven, Connecticut (Pleasant Valley Drive-in) and Westtown, New York (Warwick Drive-in).
Wanna’ see Michael Myers at your own local drive-in? It’s easy! Reach out to them and let them know that they can book Halloween by visiting CineLife Entertainment’s website at cinelifeentertainment.com.
The gallery has been updated with behind-the-scenes photos of the first eight films. In addition, the promotional material section has been updated with publicity stills for the first eight films, additional newspaper adverts & one-sheets for some of the films, and the start of the VHS gallery. Check them out below!
- Behind-the-Scenes — Halloween
- Behind-the-Scenes — Halloween II
- Behind-the-Scenes — Season of the Witch
- Behind-the-Scenes — The Return of Michael Myers
- Behind-the-Scenes — The Revenge of Michael Myers
- Behind-the-Scenes — The Curse of Michael Myers
- Behind-the-Scenes — Twenty Years Later
- Behind-the-Scenes — Resurrection
- Publicity Stills — Halloween
- Publicity Stills — Halloween II
- Publicity Stills — Season of the Witch
- Publicity Stills — The Return of Michael Myers
- Publicity Stills — The Revenge of Michael Myers
- Publicity Stills — The Curse of Michael Myers
- Publicity Stills — Twenty Years Later
- Publicity Stills — Resurrection
- Promotional Material – Newspaper Adverts & One-Sheets
- Scans – VHS
I had hoped to get this finished yesterday, but it took a bit longer than I was expecting for everything to be sorted and uploaded! Nonetheless, the first part of a pretty substantial (in my opinion, at least) update to the gallery has been completed! Captures of the director’s cut from The Curse of Michael Myers, the untitled pre-Homecoming workprint of Resurrection and Halloween: The Inside Story have been added, as well as scans of my personal copy of the first three film novelizations!
- Film Captures – Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Director’s Cut
- Film Captures – Halloween: Resurrection, Untitled Workprint
- Documentary Captures – Halloween: The Inside Story
- Scans > Novelizations & Books – Halloween by Curtis Richards
- Scans > Novelizations & Books – Halloween II by Jack Martin
- Scans > Novelizations & Books – Halloween III: Season of the Witch by Jack Martin