The director’s cut of Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers effectively serves as a “rough cut” of the film’s theatrical cut, but there are still some notable changes to the film.
List of Differences
- Steven is in an incubator getting the thorn logo applied to him, rather than being on the table like in the film’s producer and theatrical’s cut.
- There are no opening credits in this scene, but the narration by Paul Rudd remains.
- Jamie’s death scene is a few seconds longer, showing more close-ups and gore of the farm equipment killing her.
- Dr. Loomis and Dr. Wynn’s conversation in the third act features more dialogue from the producer’s cut.
- When the doctor gets crushed by the metal bars, the director’s cut adds the footage of his body parts hitting the ground after being pushed through the grate.